Wednesday, July 7, 2010

scene it: knight and day

So I’m no movie critic but as comedian Dane Cook points out, we all seem to be when it comes to watching previews, or in my opinion, when we’re watching any movie.



I thought I’d give it a go as a critic after watching Knight and Day starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz this past weekend. While I can’t say it was an amazing movie and suggest you run out and see it, I do think it’s worth watching. As a date movie, it was perfect. Corny, yes, but enjoyable for both me and my husband. Tom Cruise ran around with his hand on the trigger of his gun, shooting up more than his share of the secret agents who were not-so-secretly stalking him. All this action was just enough to distract my husband from the cute love story and innocent antics of Cameron Diaz. Her sweet smile and her small-town thinking were enough to keep me watching; wondering what was going to happen to her next. A little too much action in movies and I tend to zone out, wondering about what I will wear the next day or how long it would take to run and get some more snacks. But this mix of action and comedy, cluelessness, a little love and extreme situations had me pleasantly engaged and surprised. It’s cute.

I think leaving the theatre smiling is a good thing so hopefully renting this one will leave you curled up on your couch with a smile on your face.

Seen any good movies lately? Got any movie reviews?

4 comments:

Melissa Blake said...

I just can't take Tom Cruise anymore lol

ag. said...

i hear ya! i had a really hard time not seeing "Tom Cruise" instead of actually focusing on the character he played.

You Are My Fave said...

I've been wanting to see this because I know that Tom Cruise will be so over the top and hilarious. I think we'll save it for the dollar theatre though.

ag. said...

Tom Cruise = Over the Top...you've got it exactly right! Definitely don't spend much money on this one...I love dollar theatres for exactly this type of movie!